A recruitment scam intends to obtain personal and financial details to defraud, steal identities, or both. Unfortunately, there has been an increase in recruitment scam occurrences with the changing job market.
Be aware that a group of criminals carrying out one of these scams is claiming to be recruiting on behalf of Elim Solutions, Inc. Avoid falling victim to one of these scams by remaining vigilant for the following:
- Unsolicited emails that make unexpected offers without having followed a formal recruitment process.
- Being asked to provide any personal details (e.g. home address, bank account numbers, SINs, driving licence, health card).
- Poorly written emails or other documentation provided. Excessive typos, misspellings, or grammar issues are good indicators that the communication is not legitimate.
- Casual work offers that have a salary higher than expected.
- Requests for payments for processing of work permits.
Elim Solutions uses only established, reputable, and quality recruitment agencies that follow strict recruitment processes. When Elim Solutions recruits directly, there are multiple video meetings ahead of any issuance of agreements.
Elim Solutions will never issue employment contracts without having been through its formal recruitment lifecycle entirely. Consequently, Elim Solutions will never ask for copies of any personal documents, account details, or any form of payment whatsoever.
Any communication from Elim Solutions will always originate from the ElimSolutions.ca domain and no other.
If you believe that you are a victim of one of these types of attacks, please contact your local police department. Provide the investigators with all of the details you have received and an account of the interactions.